This course is co-organized with the Singapore Chinese Tourist Guide Association and is accredited by the Singapore Tourism Board.
Provides a comprehensive training opportunity for people from all walks of life who are interested in obtaining the Singapore Tourism Board's qualified tour guide certificate, and those who intend to improve their employment opportunities and strengthen their employability.
The six Competency Unit certificates for this course are designed in accordance with the Singapore Skills and Skills Development Authority (SSG) Workforce Skills Qualification Standard (WSQ). In addition to teaching Singapore's history, multiculturalism and tourist attractions, the course content will also enhance students' group skills and communication skills.
(For WSQ qualification standards, please visit http://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg )
Minor Unit (1): Creating Customer Experience (22 hours)
Minor Unit (2): Handle Arrival and Departure of Visitors (26 hours)
Major Unit (1): Promote Singapore as Tourist Destination and Apply Tourism Knowledge (31 hours)
Major Unit (2): Write Tour Commentary (23.5 hours)
Major Unit (3): Conduct Tour (91 hours)
＊Major Units include 50 hours of e-learning
# Major Unit (1) comprises of 2 WSQ certificates
- Be over 21 years of age
- Be Medically fit
- Be highly proficient in the language you wish to guide in
- Possess a secondary education GCE 'O' levels with the following language proficiency:
- GCE 'O' Level Certificate with a Min. Grade B4 in English; or
- WSQ WPL Level 6 in English Language (including listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Basic Computer Skills.
- GCE ‘O’ Level Higher Chinese / Chinese as first language (Min. Grade C6); or
- GCE ‘O’ Level Chinese as second language (Min. Grade B4); or
- WSQ Business Test Level 4 in Chinese language (including listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Primary 6 pass or WSQ WPL Level 3 in English language
- Basic Computer Skills.
All applicants must attend an admissions interview. In addition to applicants having to meet the above admission criteria, SCCIOB will eventually take interview results as the basis for admission.
|People who are interested in working as a tourist guide or seeking employment opportunities.
Registration Fee: $85.60
Membership Fee: $53.50
|Full Course Fee
Full Course Fee (w/ GST)
Nett Course Fee
7% GST on full course fee
Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST
|Additional funding if eligible under Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy*
Total nett course fee payable, including GST, after additional funding from Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
Course fee can be made using SkillsFuture Credit
For more information on the various funding, please click here.
Tel: 6334 1080
111 North Bridge Road
Peninsula Plaza #06-05/06
New enrolment form to be released when new course syllabus is confirmed.
SCCIOB reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course, change the trainer and venue due to unforeseen circumstances.