Designed for people working in the F & B industry and students undergoing training to work in the F&B industry who are less proficient in English. Boost the language skills and confidence of your staff by equipping them with the working knowledge to better understand and respond to the customers' requests.
This course focuses on providing basic English conversational training for staff in the fast-moving food and beverage (F&B) industry. Participants will acquire basic English speaking and listening skills; and job-related vocabulary for their area of work through engaging role plays.
Assessment & Certificate
- Introducing oneself to the customer
- Understanding different forms of greetings and salutations
- Welcoming, leading and seating the customer
- Checking for and taking reservations
- Presenting the menu
- Making recommendations and confirming orders
- Asking questions to check customer’s needs and offering assistance
- Understanding food allergies and making suitable recommendations
- Handling customer complaints
- Appropriate language for handling bill payment and settlement
- Thanking and inviting the customer to return
Participants are required to know some Basic English and will be required to take a placement test to gauge their level of English proficiency.
Participants who fulfil at least 75% of attendance for the whole course and passes the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency to progress to the next level.
Participants who fulfil 75% attendance but do not pass the assessment will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Our courses can be customized to suit your organisation needs, both in content and duration. Do contact us for more information.