According to the new labour policy, work permit holders in the food & beverage sectors must pass an English proficiency test to receive the skilled levy status.
Do your staff or you have what it takes to converse fluently in English with your customers?
Designed for people working in the service and retail industry, this course will equip participants with the confidence and skills to converse fluently in Basic English, empowering them to better perform in their job.
The course focuses on conversational English, with practice sessions aimed at helping participants perfect their pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar knowledge.
· Introducing oneself to customers
· Understanding different forms of greetings and salutations
· Offering assistance to the customer and making the customer feel welcome
· Probing questions to find out the customer needs, and helping them understand the product
· Suggesting/recommending products
· Improving sales pitch
· Explaining product usage and special features of products
· Explaining product usage and product care
· Confirming purchase details and mode of payment
· Handling customer dissatisfaction
· Handling complaints, requests for refunds and exchanges
· Thanking customers and inviting them to come back again
Assessment & Certificate
Participants who fulfil at least 75% of attendance for the whole course and passes the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency to progress to the next level.
Participants who fulfil 75% attendance but do not pass the assessment will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Our course can also be customised to suit your organisational needs, both in content and duration. Do contact us for more information.